Best in Class 8 Bay iSCSI SAN Array With Data-Aware Tiering
Built on award winning BeyondRAIDTM technology, the Drobo B810i disrupts IT economics by delivering SAN storage and advanced capabilities usually reserved for more expensive solutions. These features are delivered in a Drobo that preserves simplicity.
The Drobo B810i is optimized for small businesses to provide reliable and high performance storage to servers running applications like file services, data protection, email, and server virtualization. It integrates seamlessly into your TCP/IP network infrastructure and utilizes the industry-standard iSCSI protocol to provide simple, consolidated storage for your servers.
A Drobo B810i iSCSI array can hold up to 8 SATA hard drives of any capacity. To expand the storage capacity of an array, BeyondRAID enables additional disk drives to be inserted into empty drive bays. These new drives are automatically and transparently configured for use in the array without user intervention. However, if all drive bays are occupied, simply replace the smallest capacity drive with a higher capacity one and BeyondRAID will do the rest.
Unlike traditional RAID arrays, the BeyondRAID technology in Drobo enables different drive capacities to work in the same unit. This enables future expansion as larger SATA drives become available. With Drobo, access to data is always maintained while it protects against simultaneous drive failures.
Smart Volumes and Thin Provisioning
Create new volumes up to 64TB in seconds and manage them over time with ease. The innovative and timesaving Smart Volume management technology with Thin Provisioning integrated into the Drobo B810i allows volumes to pull storage from the common pool of disks rather than a specific physical disk allocation. The labor of resizing and migrating volumes is replaced with the simplicity of intelligent engineering. Drobo B810i supports 255 Smart Volumes of up to 64TB each.
Hybrid Storage and Tiering
The Drobo B810i moves beyond manually tuning an array for applications that have different storage requirements. Its ability to automatically tier frequently used transactional data from stored data that’s seldom used enables businesses to consolidate storage resources, and share that storage across all connected clients and their applications.
When using the hybrid storage option, Drobo’s Data-Aware Tiering leverages high-capacity hard disk drives (HDDs) for bulk storage, and high-performance solid state drives (SSDs) for both read and write acceleration. Drobo B810i can use the same SSDs to deliver both a Data-Aware Transactional Tier and Hot Data cache at the same time. The result is fast redundant storage with a fast read cache for an application-optimized solution that requires no manual tuning.
Optimizing Business Applications
Drobo is ideal for building your first scalable backup server or server virtualization cluster. Drobo technology is often used with many wellknown backup products including Veem Backup, VMware vSphere, Acronis and Symantec Backup Exec 15.
Rack Mount Ready, Desktop Quiet
Drobo B810i can be deployed in a server room for IT use or on a desktop for workgroup sharing of storage, thanks to its compact design and quiet operation. Dual smart fans automatically manage their speeds to optimize cooling and minimize operating noise (Drobo B810i rack mount sold separately).
Drobo Dashboard is an easy-to-use administration tool to centrally manage all your Drobos. It displays the status of all of your Drobos as if they were right in front of you.
In fact, it provides the same status lights and storage capacity usage gauge that are on the front panel of each of your Drobos. So wherever you are, you can check the health of all your disk drives and know that Drobo has your back, keeping all your data safe. Plus the dashboard handles all administration tasks simply and easily without you needing to become a storage expert. Quite simply, this is the easiest way to configure and manage business-class storage.
Drobo products are engineered to the highest standards, but occasionally something goes wrong and that’s when we kick into high gear. DroboCare is simple, powerful protection for your Drobo storage. The DroboCare support program extends your peace of mind beyond the standard warranty term and the phone support included with your Drobo purchase. DroboCare gives you more, even during your standard warranty period.
Which Drives Are Right for my Drobo?
Drobo B810i Specifications
Drives and Expansion
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port for management
- Up to eight (8) 3.5” SATA or solid state drives (SSDs)
- 4KN disk support
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed and/or cache can be used
- No tools required for 2.5” SSD carriers
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping existing drives with larger ones
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Single – or Dual-Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
File System Support
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.8 or later
- Drobo Dashboard email alerts
- Mac OS X: HFS+
- Windows: NTFS
- VMware: VMFS
- CHAP Authentication
- MPIO Support
- Jumbo frames (up to 9000 bytes MTU)
Additional Software Features
- Carrier-less drive bays for 3.5” drives
- Rackmount Kit 19”
- Hybrid Storage
- Automated Data-Aware Tiering
- Automated Hot Data Cache
- Drive Spin Down
- Utilizing Linux Version 3.2
Size and Weight
- One (1) year warranty in the US or outside the EU or two (2) year warranty in the EU
Power and Cooling
- Desktop or 3U Rack Mount Form Factor (rack mount kit optional)
- Width: 12.17 in (309.1 mm)
- Height: 5.46 in (138.7 mm)
- Depth: 14.1 in (358.1 mm)
- Weight: 16lb 3oz (7.4 kg) without hard drives or packaging
- Internal Power Supply: AC Input – 100/240 VAC, 1.8/0.75 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption:
- Idle System (standby, drives off): 13 watts
- Typical Idle System (drive spin down mode, eight (8) drives): 25 watts
- Typical Busy System four (4) drives): 82 watts
- Dual, fixed cooling fans
- Acoustics – Normal Operation: 30.4 dB
- Operating Temperature: 10°C – 35°C (50° – 95°F)
- Non-Operating Temperature (storage): -10° – 60°C (14° – 140°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% – 80%
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH
- Regulatory: FCC Part 15 Class B; Canada ICES-003 Class B; CE Mark; CISPR22 Class B; VCCI Approval to V.3; ACA Approval to AS/NZS 3548
- Safety: UL, cUL, CB
- Drobo B810i
- 3 x 6ft (1.8m) Ethernet Cables
- 6ft (1.8 m) Power Cord With Power Supply
- Quick Start Guide
- International LED Labels for Front Panel (Dutch, French, and Japanese)